What’s on Your Summer Reading List? Did you know the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence has a library designed just for you -- the college professor? Are you looking for a good read about “What the Best College Teachers Do”? Have you ever thought about trying out a Merge Cube, Breakout EDU gamification kit, or AR/VR headset? We have over 100 resources you can check out for your summer reading and exploration! Visit our CTLE library webpage and find titles like these:
• Teaching at its Best: A Research-based Resource for College Instructors (Nilson, 2016)
• The Slow Professor: Challenging the Culture of Speed in the Academy (Seeber, 2016)
• 199 Mistakes New College Instructors Make and How to Prevent them (Sarmiento, 2016)
• Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning (Brown, Roediger & McDaniel, 2014)
• Small Teaching Online (Darby & Lang, 2019)
• How Humans Learn: The Science and Stories Behind Effective College Teaching (Eyler, 2018)
• Living Justice: Catholic Social Teaching in Action (Massaro, 2000)
• The Last Lecture (Pausch, 2008)
. . . AND MUCH MORE!
Stop by St. Edward's Hall, suite 102, to check out these titles and more, or request to have an item mailed to you.
If you have questions or need assistance, email us.