The Center for Academic Vision & Excellence (CAVE) offers an innovative take on the traditional Supplemental Instruction (SI) peer-led academic support model. In Embedded Tutoring, a peer-tutor works under the instructor's guidance to help students understand course concepts and enhance student engagement within the classroom learning environment. The tutors are trained and supervised through the CAVE and maintain regular communication with their assigned class through Outlook mail groups. The embedded tutor will:
• provide students individualized attention when appropriate using small groups in the classroom or breakout rooms and chat within a virtual environment.
• offer feedback during class activities.
• expose students to tutoring who may not seek it otherwise.
• help maintain student engagement within the learning environment.
• maintain ongoing communication with the class for reminders and encouragement.
For more information about Embedded Tutoring or additional services offered by the CAVE, please contact Jo Hutterli.