Would you like to continue the conversation with your colleagues? The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence would like to support your inquiry by setting up Faculty Book Clubs addressing some of the topics from Faculty Development Day.
Possible book titles (groups), depending on faculty interest, include:
Suggested Structure for Groups:
- Meet 3-4 times fall semester.
- 60-minute meetings held virtually.
- Groups set their own reading and discussion schedule.
- Each member shares something at each meeting (insights, strategies, resources, etc.).
- Repeat each month, possibly trying something a colleague shared.
The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence will support the groups by:
- Setting up a Microsoft Team as a place to share documents, communicate, video conference
- Providing a volunteer faculty facilitator for each group
- Providing opportunities to present at Spring Faculty Development Day
What’s in it for the faculty member?
- To enhance your practice
- To share knowledge
- To engage in collaborative problem solving
- To present at Faculty Development Day for spring
- To write a blog post for our center website
- For scholarship (manuscripts, presentations, etc.)
- Leaderboard points 😊
Sign-up for the group you would like to join via the TLC/Faculty Book Club Interest Form